Friday, January 19, 2007

letter from the wife of a sugar cane migrant worker


2-1-98
Dear Husband Jose,
How are you? Everything is good with me. Only can´t feel really good because I feel much longing in your absence. Before I go on, I would like to wish you a happy new year, full of peace, love and money and many fulfillments in your life. Look dear, I received the card and the 480, 00$ Reais. And I received the presents of underwear. Look, Jose, the house is not ruined. I am not working on the roofing. I need someone to see it for me.
How was Christmas? For me Christmas was good because I prayed a lot and I participated in the roaming Jesus ritual. It was joyful. We had lots of fun. But it would have been better if you had been here…look, I am very emotional because we are still very far apart from each other and as each moment of life passes apart from each other, I feel more alone every day. Every day brings sadness…
Maria