Saturday, February 03, 2007

MLK JR

“I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality…

I believe that even amid today’s mortar bursts and whining bullets, there is still hope for a brighter tomorrow….

I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, men other-centered can build up….

I still believe that we shall overcome.”

Dr Martin Luther King Jr.
Acceptance of Nobel Peace Prize
December 10 1964

I received this quote today in the mail from my friend, Marit, who is doing a wonderful project with children in Africa. It reminded me that my mother went to the white house last weekend. My mother, Jane Fonda, and hundreds of others who believe that things need to change. Bless their hearts. We all have some work to do.